Maha Mritunjay Jaap
The Maha Mrityunjay Mantra is famous of all Sanskrit Mantra. Maha Mrityunjay is a very important Shiv puja which was initiated by Shukracharya. It is a mantra that has many names and forms. It is called the Rudra Mantra, referring to the furious aspect of Lord Shiva.
Maha Mrityunjay Mantra is chanted for seeking the blessings of Lord Shiva. Maha Mrityunjay Mantra is one of the finest Mantras in Hindu Mythology and Spirituality. It is a combination of three words “Maha” means great, “Mrityun” means death and “Jaya” means victory over death.
Lord Shiva is one of the main deities of Hindu religion and millions of Hindus from all over the world are devoted to his worship to seek his blessings. The holiest shrines of Lord Shiva in India are the Jyotirlinga temples at Varanasi, Nashik, Ujjain, Rameshwaram, and many other locations.
The main aim of the devotees is to visit these Jyotirlinga temples and perform poojas at these most auspicious locations. However, with our hectic lives and our different responsibilities, it is not possible to go across the country from one temple to another, to offer Poojas. Maha Mritunjay Jaap is one of the most important Shiv Pooja’s and it has tremendous benefits. This pooja even has the ability to lengthen the lifespan of devotees and save them from life-threatening ailments.
Maha Mrityunjay Mantra:
Om Tryambakkam Yajamahe Sugandhim Pustivardhanam
Uravaarokameva Bandanaan Mrityormmooksheya Maamritat
Meaning of Maha Mrityunjay Mantra:
- Om, We Worship the Tryambaka (the Three-Eyed One),
- Who is Fragrant (as the Spiritual Essence), Increasing the Nourishment (of our Spiritual Core);
- From these many Bondages (of Samsara) similar to Cucumbers (tied to their Creepers),
- May I be Liberated from Death (Attachment to Perishable Things), So that I am not separated from the perception of Immortality (Immortal Essence pervading everywhere).
Benefits of Maha Mrityunjay Mantra Jap Puja :
- It is a very powerful puja and helps to overcome all the issues and problems in one’s life.
- It is also useful to overcome chronic diseases and improving the health of the individual tremendously.
- This pooja can also assist in achieving professional success and lead an ambitious life.
- It also helps to eradicate all the evil and ill effects in the life of the individual.
- Chanting of this mantra during pooja will also unblock the energy points in the body and lead to a very peaceful life.
- Moreover, this is also useful in overcoming the ill effects of the Maraka planets in the birth horoscope.
- This pooja also results in the creation of a protective shield for the performer’s family and brings harmony.
- Recitation of the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra frees the family of all the sins and awakens the healing powers within oneself.
Time to chant Maha Mrityunjay Mantra:
- The best timing to chant Maha Mrityunjay Mantra is in the morning between 4 am-4:30 am.
- One can also chant this mantra after bathing or after completing their chores.
When should Maha Mritunjay Jap Puja is to be done:
- One of the auspicious days to perform this pooja is during Maha Shivratri.
- One can also perform the pooja during the month of Sawan.
- Additionally, Amavasya and Makarsankranti are good times to perform it.
- One should perform this pooja after a discussion with Panditji.