Chaawal Ki Kheer
Chaawal ki Kheer
Chaawal ki kheer is a rice pudding from the cuisine of the Indian subcontinent, made by boiling
rice, broken wheat, tapioca, or vermicelli with milk and sugar; it is flavoured with
cardamom, raisins, saffron, cashews, pistachios or almonds.
- Basmati rice (shorter variety) 200gm
- Milk 2 and 1/2 liter in quantity
- Elachi 1/2 teaspoonful,
- Sugar as per taste
- One pinch of saffron powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoonfuls of raisins (dried grapes) & cashew nut (Anacardium occidentale)
Method Of Making Chaawal Ki Kheer(the chhath vrat recipe)
- Soak and wash the rice in water. Now boil the rinsed rice in milk at low flame.
Stir continuously or else the rice will get sticky to the base of the pot.
- When the rice is cooked, add sugar and mix well. If needed add saffron or else leave it.
- After a consistent sticky combination of rice and milk, take it out of the flame and let it cool
- Garnish kheer with cashew nuts and raisins and serve.