Besan Laddoo Recipe
Besan Laddoo is one of the most popular mithai in Indian cuisine.
It might be known by various names, but this delicious laddoos of
spiced and sweetened besan is famous all over the country.
- 4 cups besan (bengal gram flour)
- 1 cup ghee
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup coarsely powdered almonds (badam)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
For The Garnish
1 tbsp almond (badam) slivers
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the besan, mix well and
cook on a medium flame for 13 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame and keep stirring for 1 more minute.
- Transfer the mixture into a plate and keep aside to cool for 1 hour or
till the mixture cools down completely.
- Add the sugar, coarsely powdered almonds , cardamom powder and mix well
while rubbing the mixture in between your palms till it gets a crumbly texture.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and shape it into a round laddoo.
- Repeat step 5 to shape 17 more laddoos.
- Garnish with almond slivers and store in an air-tight container.
These can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature for 15 days.
Holi (Festivals ) Other Important Pages